Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Picture Wrap-Up

"You walk so effortlessly."

Or so I was told by one of my coworkers while we were walking together from the subway station to the office. I don't know why this was so amusing to me. At least all this marathon training has made me an excellent walker.

Despite being such an elite walker, my gams have been achy all over. And since the golden rule is "treat your body as you would want your body to treat you" or something like that, I have been easing up on the training. I did a couple of four mile runs combined with three miles of walking. And yesterday I saddled up the doggy and took him out on a two mile run around Fort Greene Park, where there are a few dirt paths and a circling Hawk (luckily Oscar is not a snack-sized chihuahua).

During the run he shared a few running tips with me for springtime training:

1) Poop early on in your run, just to get it out of the way.

2) To avoid getting judged on your running form, pace, or outfit, distract a passerby with your howl.

3) If you experience a slump, roll in a patch of grass to freshen up. 

4) Run very close to people picnicking and maybe they will hand you some food.

5) Visit the wine store near the park on your way home because they have dog treats!

I'm going to start incorporating all of these into my regular runs.

This Friday Picture Wrap-Up is dedicated to my four-legged personal trainer.

Enjoying the sunshine on a mountain in NC

A very distracting howl

 Rolling in the grass feels nice.

A cat makes an okay pillow.

1 comment:

  1. Robbin! All the best for the big race! Nick and I are about to board a flight to Mexico and are thinking of you gearing up for the race tomorrow. You will do amazingly. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Tara x

    ReplyDelete