Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Picture Wrap-Up

Hey, it's Friday Picture Wrap-Up!*

Today is a very special day, not just because it's Friday and everybody's working for the weekend, but also because it's my brother's birthday and I'm really glad he was born. Happy Birthday Bro!

During the holidays I did some running in Irmo, SC, where my mom lives. Here are some things that I saw.


 











This last picture is a running store that I visited in Columbia, SC. (It was windy and I'm trying to keep my dress from blowing up.) Lots of people were coming in to register for a 5k race which was happening the coming weekend, and this made me feel really happy. Go runners!


I had this conversation with the store clerk as I picked up a pair of Brooks Adrenaline to inspect:

Me: Are these the 13s?
Running store dude: yup
Me: How are they different from the 12s?
Running store dude: They aren't that different.

BOOM! Look at me dropping some shoe knowledge on this guy! I bet he didn't see that coming!

I'm nursing myself back to health this week after getting some kind of flu or whatever it is when you cough a bunch and hurt all over and feel sorry for yourself. But this weekend I really need to get a 15 mile run in, even if I have to crawl. I only have 9 weeks left to prepare for Kyoto so every weekend counts. Maybe running while sick is good mental preparation for the last 6 miles of a marathon?

*Not actually a weekly event.

2 comments:

  1. Before I started reading, I thought "where would she find a tractor crossing sign in Brooklyn?"

    I miss the Friday picture wrap-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn Botanical Garden had one near the equipment sheds in the late 70s. Not that one but similar.

    ReplyDelete