Wednesday, February 8, 2012

58 Days, 14 Hours, 59 Minutes and some Flaming Lips

I'm getting strong, y'all. Last night I crossed the Williamsburg Bridge on my way home from work, took a left to head up to Greenpoint in order to add a few more miles to my run home to Fort Greene, and as I ran back south on Kent Ave. I could feel all the muscles in my legs really working it. Working it like they really needed the money. And I was moving through Brooklyn's hipster district like this and smiling even though you're not supposed to smile when you're all by yourself because it makes you look like a sociopath, when this song began to play and in my runner's high state of mind I became...a....superhero....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Hello! I'm a friend of Katie Boyette's (I used to work at Espresso News)(she happened to mention your running blog and some time or another) and I am a fellow runner (though much less mileage!) with my own li'l running blog (www.rundamnit.tumblr.com) and a half marathon goal next October. I'm enjoying reading as you lead up to the Two Oceans Marathon and particularly enjoyed this entry - great song to run to!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Espresso News Alumni! If we'd worked there at the same time we could have started an Espresso News running team. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm excited to see how your training for the half marathon goes.

    ReplyDelete