Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fetch Me My Smelling Salts

I'm so fragile. Apparently a little yellow fever and typhoid causes me to faint. Yesterday, I went to get my travel vaccinations for Africa at a clinic in the financial district, Wall Street Medical Associates. The yellow fever vaccine is required to visit South Africa and Zambia so you actually get a little certificate to put in your passport to prove you aren't carrying the cooties. I think I found the cheapest place in NYC to go and for this kind of thing I guess they are good enough. But my body was super surprised to receive the vaccines. One thing led to another and I ended up on my back with my feet propped up on a shoulder of a very nice lady who told me soothing stories about earthquakes and 9/11 in a very thick Brooklyn accent while the blood drained back into my face. 

My plans to run yesterday were completely derailed. I'm going to try to get 11 miles in tonight and a long one in tomorrow. I took the day off tomorrow because one of my best friends from North Carolina is visiting! We're running a 4 mile race together on Saturday in Prospect Park. 
 
It's really hard to make any plans past April right now, but I know what I will be doing on June 24th. Modest Mouse and Built to Spill are playing on Randall's Island on the same day and I am going to pee my pants* in excitement. Summer concerts in NYC!

This song gets me so amped. It's perfect to run to.
 

And of course...
 
* I'm not really going to pee my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment