Thursday, January 12, 2012

85 Days 13 Hours 27 Minutes

Websites for marathons love to include the countdown to their race. I suspect it's supposed to invoke panic. The internal monologue goes something like this: "Eighty-five days, 13 hours, and 27 minutes! Wait, what? WHAT?? What am I doing? There isn't enough time. I'm going to make a total ass of myself! I am an ass. I am, in fact, an ass of myself."

This may seem like a long time if you, say, know you will have to return a library book. Or if this is the countdown to your roommate's birthday. (If you are counting down 85 days until your roommate's birthday, you're probably psycho. I've seen Single White Female.) However, in terms of training, 85 days can easily be broken up into not-too-many-sounding weeks. And each of these weeks is important.

This week it's hard getting my planned 40 miles a week in. I'm an evening runner and since I have plans after work tonight and tomorrow night I'm going to have to cram a bunch of miles in on Saturday. Either that or I run slightly tipsy tonight when I get home or wake up early in the morning? And try to run then? Morning? Huh?

The excellent news is that there is always time to eat. Here is my lunch from Tiffin Wallah yesterday. One of the great things about living in New York City is the food. The food and the Jay Z song, "Empire State of Mind" are actually the two great things about living in NYC.



South Indian buffet, $7.95. Near the corner of 28th and Lexington Ave.

And just for the hell of it:

2 comments:

  1. On food, what I'm having this week with pictures (Dyson is my wife).

    http://menu-vldyson.blogspot.com/

    And a recipe book, with pictures. http://northridgeroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you two are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete